"Asking for Money" tipsheet
B4AR Logos: JPG or PNG
Raise a Paw Prints for Pledges
Fundraising Help: Run a "Raise a Paw" Campaign!
- ORDER PAW PRINTS from Michelle. They will be available for pick up at Aleta Sill's Bowling World or mailed to you.
- SELL to your friends, family, co-workers, and clients! Works great in a high traffic area. The support of a local business would work great! Download a PAW PRINT POSTER. Or, contact Michelle for a full Paw Print kit.
- COLLECT the money in an envelope or pick up the money from your supporting local business.
- CREATE an online fundraising page or Start a Team and call it 'Your Business Name'. Teams will eligible for special prize. View Top 5 Teams
- ADD CASH DONATIONS to your page by making a donation to your own page (via credit card), saving the cash to pay your credit card bill, or
Aleta Sill's Bowling World to take online for you! Or, we'll come by and pick it up!
Note: Paw Prints can be proudly displayed in business or handed out to individuals who donate....a great impression for the cause made either way!
Tip: In a business, attaining donations is only as effective as the invitation to make a donation at point of sale.
"Would you like to make a donation today....100% will help animals in need!"
Social Media Tips:
- Email, post or tweet a link to your Fundraising Page
- Use the Share Tool on your Fundraising Page....sharing right onto your Friends' Walls is effective!
- Thank your donators with a post on social media...don't forget to "tag" them, and a pic is always nice, too!
- Set a pledge goal.
- Just ask. Most people will give something to help animals in need. Even if they say no, you raised awareness for the cause.
- Raise money online - Participate!
- A Fundraising Web Page will be created for you that you can personalize with photos and a message to your supporters.
- From your Web page you can e-mail family and friends so
they can learn more about your participation in B4AR and will
have the ability to make online donations in your support.
- Conduct a Letter-Writing Campaign.
- Send an e-mail broadcast message to all your friends and
family members, even those out of state, asking them to support your effort.
- You can also track your progress and see who has made a pledge online.
- Create a link to your Web page from Facebook, Twitter, and other media to generate even more support.
- Create a fun YouTube video or slide show, like this one:
- Print a Pledge Collection Form
(opens as a PDF document) and use it to collect offline pledges. You
can turn it in at the
pro shop before the event to have it entered on to
your Fundraising Web Page.
- Many companies offer a matching gifts program which could
double the size of your contribution. Check with your Human Resources
- Spread the word through messages on your home answering machine and voice mail.
- Let everyone know that just $10 can save a life! $50 will feed all FFDAS doggies for 1 week! See more FAST FACTS!
Useful Personal Appeals:
- "Just $50 in pledges and I get an official B4AR t-shirt!" (just $25 if you are bowling in the event)
- "Help me get $300 in pledges so I can be a VIB at the Bowling Event!"
- "I only need $25 in pledges this month to be eligible for a special prize pack!"
- "I am bowling in the event, too so please help me be the Highest (Bowling) Fundraiser so I can win a new BOWLING BALL w/Lesson and BOWLING FUNDAMENTALS book!
- "I am bowling in this event, please Sponsor Me, pledging ??? per pin knocked down
- "Help me win some amazing prizes as one of the highest fundraisers for Bowl-4-Animal Rescue! (See prizes)
***ALWAYS REMIND EVERYONE THAT 100% of the PROCEEDS HELPS ANIMALS IN NEED!***
If you need help, please email
More Successful Fundraising Ideas:
Past participants have found all kinds of creative ideas to raise money, like:
- Buying a $$$ Gas Card and raffling it off to friends and/or co-workers! The winner even donated the card back! It raised $1000!
- Donating a MasterCard to raffle off at the Bowling event!
- Ask to be Sponsored (if you are bowling the event), by designating an amount you receive per pins knocked down!
- Save or Collect SPARE CHANGE!
- Put a box out at work to collect refundable bottles and cans (don't forget a poster about your cause!)
- Having a bake sale or sell handmade jewelry!
- Have (or participate in) a garage sale, ask if you can distribute flyers and have 10% or more benefit B4AR!
- Ask that your birthday or holiday presents be a donation.
- Make, or ask for, a donation "In Honor Of" or "In Memory Of"...
Raise $200 in 10 Days:
Put in your own $20 (Register now) .................
+ Ask your spouse/partner/roommate for $20 ..
+ Ask 4 co-workers for $10 ..............................
+ Ask 4 friends for $10 .....................................
+ Ask 2 relatives for $20 ...................................
+ Ask 2 neighbors for $10 ................................
+ Ask your boss for $20 ...................................
Let everyone know that just $10 can save a life! $50 will feed all FFDAS doggies for 1 week! See more FAST FACTS!
FlyerPledge Collection Form